Our Approach to Hotel Acquisition
Using a disciplined due diligence process that typically investigates field market analysis and nearly 100 documents and reports on the property to help determine if it meets our objective.
The analysis is not limited to and will include the following:
- Operations: Occupancy rates, room revenues, guest satisfaction scores, franchise inspection reports, etc.
- Financials: Income and balance sheet for the last 5 years, utility bills, real estate bills, insurance bills, payroll tax returns, current year monthly budget, etc.
- Inventories: Consumables (food and beverage), expendables (dishes, glassware, linen, towels, silverware, kitchen and bar small goods, paper goods, guest supplies, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Sales & Marketing: Current year marketing plan, listing of all negotiated accounts with rates and contracts, future reservations report, etc.
- Human Resources: Management roster with resumes, hourly employee listing by department, most recent wage survey, benefit summary, employee handbook, etc.
- Technology/Engineering: IT issues, engineering and structural inspection reports, seismic inspection reports if applicable, Phase 1 & 2 environment reports, health department inspection reports, as built architectural drawings, flood certification, copies of roof warranties, etc.